Thursday, February 27, 2014

Celebrating Dr. Seuss Day 3

Today we started out our Morning Work by doing a cut apart sentence about the silly Cat in the Hat. "The sill cat wore a red and white hat."  As they finished I had them write a sentence about the Cat in the Hat on the back of their paper.



We also read "The Sneetches" by Dr. Seuss and talked about how all the sneetches were treated differently and how unfair that was to the Sneetches that didn't have a star on their belly.  So I whipped up a craftivity that students had to put together after doing their writing assignment:  "Star or No Star I Like the Way You Are!  I Like Me Because..."  One of my co-workers who used to blog with me came up with that cute little saying!


If you want a copy of this Sneetches craftivity, click HERE.  The border I used was from Graphics From the Pond and the clip art was drawn by me.

Here is my Sneetches themed cut-apart sentence that my first graders did during must-do time during Guided Reading:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you :) and nice work on the clip art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love your ideas and plan to use this with my 2nd graders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...