Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Hanukkah and Kwanzaa Sets

So excited!  We are planning two new mini-units to replace some "fluffy" stuff in our Holiday theme in December to beef things up a bit:  one week on Hanukkah and one week on Kwanzaa.  These are two customs that I never really knew much about, so its been fun learning some of the vocabulary and what not. Yea, I know, here were are only in October and I'm already thinking about and planning ahead for December.  Only a teacher plans that far in advance, right?  If it eliminates the stress level, its the way to go for me.

My plan was to draw my own Hanukkah and Kwanzaa clip art and use that but I decided that I didn't feel like it and Melonheadz Illustrating already had it done, so why reinvent the wheel right now when I need it fast and don't want to stress myself out?!?  So I went to my favorite place to buy "school" stuff and purchased both the color and black-line bundles.  You'll have to check her sets out.  They are SUPER cute! 

Here are a couple things I whipped up last night that we plan to use during this unit.

Hanukkah and Kwanzaa Word Wall Card Set










1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...