Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Counting Money Poster FREEBIES



I don't know if its just me or every other first grade teacher out there, but counting coins has to be the most difficult thing to teach a first grader.  When we count coins, I always make the student "show their work" by showing the "skip counting" underneath each coin as they count it (what they say in their head when they count).  That's the only way I have been taught how I can make sense of what the students are doing inside their heads. 

I made these posters today to post on my math wall to help students remember that you count pennies by ONES, nickels by FIVES, dimes by TENS, and quarters by TWENTY-FIVES.  We will see if it helps!  Its yours FREE at our TPT store HERE.

Here is another FREEBIE to go with it!  Our Money Posters HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...