Wednesday, October 30, 2013

First Thanksgiving Story Retelling Packet

This week we finish up our Pumpkins and Halloween theme activities and Friday starts our November Thanksgiving theme.  This has to be one of my FAVORITE themes to teach about and I LOVE making new things to use with my first graders.  Maybe because a lot of the things I've made use my very first clip art set I ever put together.

This packet I just put together includes three different options for writing to retell the Thanksgiving story:

  • Students write their own sentences to match the picture clues.
  • Students write the missing vocabulary words in the shape boxes to match the picture.
  • Students trace the vocabulary word in the picture.
It also includes a First Thanksgiving Cut Apart Story, where students read the simple text and use the picture clues to put the story back in the correct order.

And finally a set of pocket chart cards that can be printed, laminated and cut apart to use in a pocket chart to display the story  or you could staple together to have a color mini book for students to read.

You can find this HERE at my TPT store.




13 comments:

  1. Thank you for providing a good quality article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such great knowledge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this marvelous post.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hello! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to look it over.

    ReplyDelete


  6. This is the perfect website for anyone who really wants to understand this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the little changes that make the greatest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose its good enough to use some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

  9. It is in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of info.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...