"What is Diwali?" Mini-Book:
- Diwali is India's biggest holiday of the year.
- Diwali is celebrated in October or November each year.
- Diwali started as a harvest festival to mark the last harvest before winter.
- People celebrate and pray for success in the new year.
- People in India get together with family.
- They light clay lamps and fireworks, and have bonfires to worship the goddess of wealth.
- These are 5 days of Diwali.
- On day 1 people buy gold and silver for good luck.
- On day 2 people decorate their homes.
- On day 3 people pray, eat, and light fireworks.
- On day 4 people visit family and friends and give gifts.
- On day 5 brothers visit married sisters to show how much they love them.
Clip Art Sources:
Clip Art by Carrie, Melonheadz Illustrating, EduClips
You can find this HERE at my TPT store.